KLOSTER BEOCIN – gemeinde Beocin

Address: Manastirski put, Beočin
Phone: +381 (0)21 870 104

The exact date of the founding of the Beočin Monastery is not known. In some Turkish documents it was mentioned for the first time in 1566/7. After it was ruined and secluded during the Austro-Turkish Wars, it was rebuilt by the monks from Monastery Rača. The construction of the present church lasted from 1732 to 1740, and the three-storey bell tower was finished in 1762. The shelters were built from 1732 to 1740. An extensive reconstruction was done during the end of the 19th century. The iconostasis is the work of Dimitrij Bačević, Janko Halkozović and Teodor Kračun.


28. 09. 2016.