Senta is the centre of the eponymous municipality. Gornji Breg, Bogaraš, Kevi and Tornjoš belong to the municipality.
Senta is known for the famous battle that took place on 11th September 1697. The first records of Senta date back to 1216. The town is situated on the bank of the river Tisa and is a famous for its cultural life.
This is the meeting place of various cultural and historical monuments, religious sites, various cultural events, fishing and hunting tourism, rare and unusual species of vegetation and animals, particularly birds.
The town covers an area of 30.000 hectares and offers excellent conditions for the development of sport and tourism. Agriculture and cattle breeding could be even more developed on condition that more financial means should be provided.