One or maybe two hundred- year-old park with more than one really rare specimens of trees, with the castle in the middle and a lake well known under the name of “Ribnjak”, are all the witnesses of the past times.
According to the official information based on which the brigands castle was put under the protection of state as a cultural monument built in 1911. It was built by Lazar Dunđerski and gave it as a wedding present to his daughter Olga. According to the professor Mihalo Rapoš and the curator of the Museum of Vršac Felix Mileker, the castle was built at the beginning of 19th century. According to the writing of Professor Rapoš, the initial settlement was moved to the present location, closer to the manorial castle, because of the floods in 1824. The same author further states that the founder of the village Ištvan Damaskin sold his estate together with the castle, park, vineyard, orchard and forest for 960.000 guineas to the Dunđerski family, during the end of 19th century, to be more exact in 1890.
The present look is the result of alterations and adaptations of the last owners, the Dunđerski family. The building of the castle is situated in a spacious park, one kilometer away from the road to Vršac. It was built as a residential object for living and it has all the characteristics which prove to that. The park which surrounds the object is well preserved and it has the characteristics of a professionally planned park with cultivated vegetation. After the nationalization, in 1945, the estate was appointed to management of the farm within “Agrobanat”. Today there is no vineyard or orchard, but the castle, the park with lake and forest are still there.
The building is used as the administration headquarters of PDP “Hajdučica”, and the building is in excellent condition. The castle is a historical monument of great importance.
The castle is not open for visitors!
The nature park of the castle on 3.7 hectares is one of the most preserved valuable representatives of garden art from the beginning of20th century on the territory of Vojvodina and Serbia. It is a typical example of mixed style, which dominated in garden architecture of that time, created by combining elements of classical and landscape style. Inside the park nice specimens of common oak, white poplars, maple, maple silver linden and milt have been preserved. It has been classified in goods of great importance.